Athlon Sports CollegeFootball Experts Club Game
2016 OFFICIAL GAMERULES
NO PURCHASE,CONTRIBUTION OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOIDWHERE PROHIBITED.
. GAME: This Athlon SportsCollege Football Experts Club Game (the "Game") beginsat 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time on August 17, 2016 and shall end at 11:59 PMEastern Time on February 1, 2017 (the “Game Period”). THIS GAME IS DEVISED AS ASKILL AND KNOWLEDGE-BASED NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION, and is intended solely forentertainment purposes. From all eligible and valid entries receivedin connection with the Game, seventeen (17) winners will be determined, as setout in paragraph 4 below, based on the Game participant’s ability to apply his/herskill and knowledge concerning the game of football, college football playersand college football teams to select winning teams and predict scores duringthe 2016 college football season. Participation in the Game is described,regulated and clarified by, and wholly subject to, the provisions of theseofficial rules (“Official Rules”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Game is open only toindividuals who, as of the beginning of the Registration Period (as definedbelow), (a) are legally residing, for purposes of all applicable state andfederal tax laws, in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District ofColumbia ("Eligibility Area"),and (b) are eighteen (18) years of age or older and the age of majority in the state of residence. The Gameis VOID outside of the Eligibility Area and where otherwise taxed, prohibitedor restricted. Employees and directors of Athlon Media Group (“Athlon” or “Sponsor”) and each of its affiliates, advertising and promotionalagencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, theimmediate families of such persons (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parentor grandparent or so-called “step” or “half’ variations of any of the precedingindividuals), and those living in their same households, are ineligible toplay, win or collect prizes in the Game. Only individuals meeting alleligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules, who validly andproperly register for the Game as set out in paragraph 3 below, may participatein the Game or win a prize (“Players”).One entry per person or email address. Additional entries from any individualusing different email addresses will be disqualified and destroyed. Each Player is required to indicate his/heracceptance to the Official Rules where indicated; provided, however, that any Player’s Registration or participationin the Game constitutes and is deemed such Player’s full and unconditionalagreement to the Official Rules and any and all decisions of Sponsor and anythird-party judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Players agreeto waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Game and/or these Official Rules
3. HOW TO REGISTER: At anytime between 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time on August 17, 2016 and the RoundEntry Deadline (as defined below) on December 3, 2016 (the “RegistrationPeriod”), each Player must visit www.athlonsports.collegeexpertsclub.com (the “Site”),and follow the registration instructions to register for the Game and acquireaccess to the Game portion of the Site (“Registration”). In connection withsuch Registration, each Player will select a unique user name and password,which shall be used by Player in connection with Player’s Game play. Player mayalso be asked to complete a short survey. Each Player shall indicate his/heracceptance of these Official Rules, and provide the information requested inthe official entry form, which includes Player’s name, e-mail address,physical address, telephone number and certain other information requested bySponsor. Player may be asked to consent to receive promotional e-mails fromSponsor, its affiliates and/or authorized agents. Completing the surveyand consenting to receive promotional e-mails are optional and refusal toconsent will not render any Player ineligible to play the Game or win prizes oraffect or reduce any Player’s chances of winning. Limit one (1)Registration per person/email address.
4. HOW TO PLAY/ACCRUE POINTS & WIN PRIZES: The Gamewill consist of fourteen (14) rounds of play (“Rounds”) in which Players willhave the opportunity to predict winning teams and scores from a list of collegefootball games that are provided for each Round. To play the Game, at any time priorto the expiration of the Round Entry Deadline (as defined below), Player willlog-in to the Site and fully complete one (1) entry for such Round (“RoundEntry”) by (i) selecting the team that Player thinks will win each footballgame matchup listed (each, a “Predicted Team”), and (ii) predicting the actualcombined final point score total (the “Predicted Score”) for the football gamedesignated for such purpose (the “Bonus Game”) provided, however, thatPlayers submitting Round Entries after the commencement of any Round will onlyhave the opportunity to select Predicted Teams and/or the Predicted Score forthe listed football games that remain completely “un-played” as of the time ofsuch Player’s submission of his/her Round Entry (“Eligible Game[s]”). All RoundEntries must be submitted electronically prior to the final official scheduled“start” or “kick-off” time for the Eligible Game(s) that are scheduledlast-in-time for the applicable Round (the “Round Entry Deadline”). The clockon Athlon’s database server shall be the official timekeeper for this Game. Inconnection with a Round Entry, Player will receive one hundred (100) points foreach Predicted Team designated in Player’s Round Entry that matches an actualwinning team from the Eligible Games (a “Winning Team”), and, in the event thatPlayer selected the correct Winning Team for the Bonus Game, Player willreceive additional bonus points in an amount equal to one hundred(100) less the “Point Difference.” For purposes of these Official Rules,the “Point Difference” is defined as the numerical differencebetween Player’s Predicted Score and the actual combined final point totalfor the applicable Bonus Game (the “Actual Score”). In the event that anyPlayer that has previously participated in any Round or Rounds submits his/herRound Entry after the commencement of a Round, or otherwise fails to submit aRound Entry before the expiration of a Round Entry Deadline, such Player willbe assigned “automatic predictions” (“Auto-Picks”) for the applicable Round’slisted football games for which Player is unable to submit his/her predictions.For purposes of the Game, each Auto-Pick will select the visiting team as thePredicted Team for the applicable scheduled games, with the exception of BonusGames. There are no Auto-Picks for Bonus Games or Bonus Points awarded forAuto-Pick games. Each Player will be assigned Auto-Picks for a maximum of three(3) Rounds during the Game. For purposes of the Game, Player’s cumulativenumber of points awarded during each Round shall be deemed such Player’s “TotalRound Score,” and the cumulative sum of all of a Player’s Total Round Scoresshall be deemed such Player’s “Total Game Score.” Players may submit onlyone (1) Round Entry for each Round. Additional Round Entries from anyindividual, using different e-mail addresses or any other system of multipleentries, will be disqualified. Lost, late, illegible, incomplete or misdirectedRound Entries are not eligible.
Determining Winners: The Game will have one (1) winner per Round and three (3)overall Grand Prize winners (each, a “Winner”). Subject to theseOfficial Rules, the individual Player with the highest Total Round Score in aRound will be the First Place Round Winner for the applicable Round (the “FirstPlace Round Winner”). Subject to these Official Rules, the individualPlayer with the highest Total Game Score upon the conclusion of the Game, asset forth in these Official Rules, will be the First Place Grand Prize Winner(the “First Place Grand PrizeWinner”), and the additional Grand Prize Winners (places second through third)will be the two (2) individual Players with the next highest Total Game Scores uponthe conclusion of the Game, as set forth in these Official Rules, in descendingorder immediately following the First Place Grand Prize Winner. Round Tie-Breaking Procedure: (a) In the event of a tie betweenPlayers at the end of any Round, the Round Winner will be that Player whosePredicted Score for such Round is closest to the applicable Actual Score; and (b) If such Players remain tied afterthe Predicted Score tie-breaking procedure (as would be the case with identicalentries), the Round Winner will be that Player demonstrating superior knowledgeand confidence by submitting his/her Round Entry at the earliest time, based on the actual documented time of Player’sRound Entry as reflected in the Athlon database server. Any Player who does notsubmit a Round Entry for a particular Round will not be eligible to winprizes for that Round, regardless of whether Player was assigned anyAuto-Picks. Grand Prize Tie-BreakingProcedure: (a) In the event of atie between Players at the end of the Game, the applicable Grand Prize Winnerbetween such tied Players will be that Player whose Predicted Scores for eachBonus Game is closest to the Actual Scores of such Bonus Game for the greatestnumber of Bonus Games (based on all Rounds); and (b) If such Players remain tied after the Predicted Scoretie-breaking procedure (as would be the case with identical entries), theapplicable Grand Prize Winner will be that Player demonstrating superiorknowledge and confidence by submitting his/her Round Entries at the earliest time, as between the tiedPlayers and based on the actual documented time of Player’s entry as reflectedin the Athlon database server, for the greatest number of Rounds. Athlon andSponsor reserve the right to award equal prizes to any tied Players as long asthe sum total of all prizes awarded is equal to the approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize designated for thatprize.
GRAND PRIZE PRIZEDESCRIPTION ARV
Team Jersey of Winner’s Choice
WEEKLY PRIZES PRIZEDESCRIPTION ARV
5. ABILITY TO WIN; ODDS: TheGame is a game of skill. Each Player’s ability to win depends solelyon (1) his/her knowledge of the game of football and college footballhistory; (2) his/her knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses andboth historical and recent performance of competing college football playersand teams;(3) his/her skill and ability to apply his/her knowledge of theabove in accurately identifying which college football teams will win whenplaced in specific competition with other college football teams during aparticular time in the college football season;(4) his/her skill inassessing an individual football player’s effectiveness in a specific game andstatistically analyze and predict with accuracy the total number of combinedyards, passes and touchdowns likely to be earned by football players in anygiven game; (5) his/her skill in assessing an individual footballteam’s effectiveness in a specific game and statistically analyze and predictwith some accuracy the total number of combined yards, passes and touchdownslikely to be earned by all football players on a team in a specific gameagainst another team; and, (6) the number of eligible Players competingin the Game. The odds of winning any prize depends upon a Player’sselections, and the total number of participating Players and number of validand eligible entries received.
6. PRIZE AWARDING: Upon confirmation of eligibility and execution of requested eligibility andrelease documents, where legal, Winners will be awarded the prizes described inparagraph 4 above. All prizes will be awarded, if claimed. Prizes may not becombined with any other offer. Winners will be responsible for any andall federal, state, and local taxes incurred in winning and accepting anyprizes and all other expenses incurred in winning and accepting theprizes. Dollar amounts are expressed in U.S. currency. Winnersmay receive an IRS 1099 form reporting the value of their prize. All giftcertificates and/or gift cards awarded pursuant to this Game shall be subjectto the terms and conditions of the applicablecertificates and cards, and the laws and regulations of the Winner’sjurisdiction of residence. By accepting a prize, Winners waive the rightto assert as a cost of winning their prize, any and all costs of redemption ortravel to redeem the prize. It is the responsibility of Winner to make allnecessary arrangements to redeem the prize, including any costs of travel,unless Sponsor otherwise agrees to deliver prize to Winner followingidentification of Winner and confirmation of eligibility. Any stated ARVsof prizes represent Athlon’s good-faith determination of the value of theprize, which estimation includes a calculation of the retailvalue plus any applicable service fees, costs, premiums or otheradditional amounts incurred by Athlon in connection with the procurement and/orawarding of the applicable prize. All Winners will be initially identified,subject to eligibility, no later than on or about seven (7) business daysfollowing the date of the last game of the last Round (“Effective Date”), byAthlon or its agent, the judge of the Game, whose decisions are final andbinding. Winners will be notified by overnight mail and/or email, at Athlon’sdiscretion, on or about fourteen (14) business days following the EffectiveDate (“Notification”) and must respond to the Notification within ten (10) daysof the date sent or his/her prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s solediscretion. Athlon is not responsible for any change in an participant’smailing address, email address and/or telephone number. Winners must provide positiveidentification in such form as is specified by Athlon to claim a prize. Returnof any Notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification of Playerand selection of an alternate Winner, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winning andclaiming a prize is contingent upon Winner’s provision of all informationrequested by Sponsor, in the Notification or otherwise, subject to applicablelaw, and upon Winner eligibility, validation and verification, as determined byAthlon. All prizes must be redeemed byeach Winner no later than thirty (30) days following Athlon’s confirmation ofNotification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Player orWinner, the individual who was, at the time of Registration, as determined byAthlon, the documented registered holder of the email account used inconnection with Registration for the Game will be deemed the eligible Player orWinner, as applicable. It is the sole responsibility of the Player to notifyAthlon during the Game Period if his/her email address or any other contactinformation changes. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. In noevent will more prizes be awarded than those listed above in paragraph 4. Athlonreserves the right to substitute any prize with either the cash value of suchprize or a prize or prizes of equal or greater value, in the event any statedprize becomes unavailable. If the initially selected Winner cannot be contactedwithin the specified time period, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or ifthe prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and analternate Winner will be selected, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. For purposes of this Game, the alternatewinner, if necessary, will be the Player with the next highest score immediatelyfollowing that of the disqualified Player, as determined by and set forth inthese Official Rules. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Athlonand its designees to use of Winner’s name, likeness, statements, voice,opinions, biographical information and state of residence for promotionalpurposes in any media without notice, further payment, consideration, credit,or right of approval or review (except where void or prohibited by law).Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liabilityrelease and return it within ten (10) days of Athlon’s request (except wherevoid or prohibited by law).
7. TERMINATION OR DISQUALIFICATION: To cancel any Player’s participation in the Game, Player must send an emailto firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that his/her registrationbe terminated (“Notice of Termination”).Player’s Registration will be deemed terminated as of the date and time ofAthlon’s receipt of the Notice of Termination as reflected by Athlon’s e-mailserver (“Termination”). UponTermination, Player may not participate in the Game and any points accrued byPlayer will be forfeited. The use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed orlike methods (including without limitation the use of any promotion/gamesubscription, notification, entry or like sites or service that offers Gameentry services "on behalf of" Player) is strictly prohibited and anyPlayer using or suspected of using such methods may be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interruptedor unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failedtelephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled,scrambled or misdirected transmissions, other error of any kind whether human,mechanical or electronic problems or technical malfunction of any telephonenetwork or lines, computer systems, servers, access providers, equipment, orsoftware, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received for any reason, trafficcongestion on the internet or at any website, or any other technical problemsrelated to website entries or any combination of the foregoing, including anyinjury or damage to a Player's or any other person's computer. Persons foundtampering with, hacking, illegally registering for or abusing any aspect of theGame will be immediately disqualified, in Athlon’s sole discretion. Ifdisqualified for any of the above abuses, Athlon will immediately terminatethat Player’s participation in the Game and future games or contests by Athlonand Player will be ineligible to win or collect any prizes and must return anypreviously received prizes awarded in connection with the Game upon Athlon’srequest. Players further acknowledge that the forfeiture of prize(s) and/orreturn of any prize(s) shall in no way prevent Athlon from pursuing anyremedies legally available in connection with such conduct. Any violation setout in this paragraph or other attempt to damage any website of Athlon, ortamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Game, is a violationof these Official Rules, as well as any and all applicable criminal and civillaws. Athlon reserves the right to seekremedies and damages from any Players or individuals acting in concert with anyPlayer to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event any portion of this Game is compromised by any virus, bugs,non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Athlon,which, in the sole opinion of Athlon, corrupts or impairs the administration,security, fairness or proper play of the Game, Athlon reserves the right tomodify, suspend or terminate the Game and the Game Winners will be determinedfrom among all eligible Players and entries received, and based upon theapplicable scores for such Players as of the date of the applicable action.
10. GENERAL INFORMATION: Athlonreserves the right to modify the Official Rules at any time for the purposes ofclarifying and effectuating how the Game should be played, how the Game will bescored, how Winners are determined, how tie-breaking procedures are applied,how unanticipated ties are resolved, and what prizes will be awarded. Anychanges to the Official Rules will be reasonably made with the intention of notmaterially affecting the terms and conditions of the Game. In the event ofinadvertent computer or operator error, the illegal or inappropriate activityof any Player or unrelated third party, the unanticipated application, failureor effect of Game mechanisms of play or individual components, software orhardware, any change in law, or force majeure events affecting the schedule(s)of registration, the accrual or calculation of points, Player entry, Rounds orentry deadlines, the determination or notification of Winners, the applicationof tie-breaking procedures, or the awarding of prizes, Athlon reserves theright to modify, revise, add-to, nullify or utilize only in part the statedtiming, commencement or termination of any round, period, series, field, entryor game period or schedule and/or, in its sole discretion, to implementsubstitute rounds, periods, series, fields, entry or game periods or schedules,or portions thereof, solely for purposes of conducting the Game in a fair andreasonable manner and determining Winners on an equal basis and withoutunfairly disqualifying otherwise eligible Players from winning prizes. Allapplicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Any and alldisputes in connection with the Game will be resolved exclusively in theappropriate courts in Nashville, Tennessee. Should there be a conflictbetween the laws of the State of Tennessee and any other laws, theconflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Tennessee. Each Player waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue and herebysubmits to the jurisdiction of those courts. Any and all lawsuits or otherdisputes that arise relating to the Game must be filed within one (1) year ofthe last day of the Game Period. The failure of Athlon to exercise or enforceany right or provision of the Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver ofsuch right or provision. If any part of the Official Rules is held by acourt of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, that part willbe enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law and the remainder of theOfficial Rules will remain fully in force.
11. RULES AND WINNERS: Toobtain another copy of the Official Rules or to obtain the names of theWinners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope (residents of Vermont may omitpostage) to Athlon Media Group, 2451 Atrium Way, Suite 320, Nashville,Tennessee 37214 ATTN: Athlon Sports College Football Experts ClubGame.
Sponsored, Produced and Administered By: Athlon MediaGroup, 2451 Atrium Way, Suite 320, Nashville, Tennessee 37214. © 2016 AthlonMedia Group. All rights reserved.